Cherry Garden Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All positions are subject to a full DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) clearance and two supportive references before successful applicants can take up post.
Vacancy for School Business Manager
Start date: 1st September 2022
Hours: 26 hours per week, term time only + 2 weeks (41 weeks per year).
(Hours to be mutually agreed and are to be spread over at least 4 days a week with 2 finishing at or after 5pm.)
Salary: Hay 7 (£19,037 - £20,747 per annum)
An exciting and rare opportunity to join and support our friendly community-focused school as a School Business Manager.
Cherry Garden Primary School is a vibrant, happy school in South Gloucestershire a short commute from Bristol, Keynsham or Bath.
Working alongside the head teacher, governor and admin team, the role involves management of the financial resources, premises, human resources, health and safety and administrative aspects of the school.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an NVQ Level 4 or equivalent relevant qualification with a financial element
- Certificate of School Business Management or, if not, have significant experience in an office environment with transferrable skills
- Be an enthusiastic, self-motivated and proactive person
- Have a high level of professional discretion and good interpersonal, communication and ICT skills
- Have the ability to work independently and manage time effectively
The successful applicant will be line-managed by the Head teacher and will be responsible for the line management of the administration staff, caretakers and cleaners.
At Cherry Garden we offer:
- An energetic, supportive and committed staff team
- A great opportunity to be part of forward thinking and friendly school
- A highly experienced, knowledgeable and supportive office team
- A positive ethos with happy, confident children who are keen to learn
- Support of the Local Authority across all areas including finance, HR, payroll, SIMS
- A commitment to your professional development
- Membership of the South Gloucestershire School Business Manager group providing support and idea sharing
- A Local Government Pension Scheme
School visits are welcomed and can be booked via the school office. For more information about the role or to arrange a visit to the school please contact the school by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01454 867260.
Closing date for applications is Monday 18th July at midday.
Please note that only those shortlisted will be contacted.